Re: pg_upgrade: Error out on too many command-line arguments

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_upgrade: Error out on too many command-line arguments
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> writes:
>> Is this issue *really* worth expending test cycles on forevermore?

> With this argument consistently applied, postgres code coverage is
> consistently weak, with 25% of the code never executed, and 15% of
> functions never called. "psql" is abysmal, "libpq" is really weak.

It's all a question of balance.  If you go too far in the other
direction, you end up with test suites that take an hour and a half
to run so nobody ever runs them (case in point, mysql).  I'm all for
improving coverage in meaningful ways --- but cases like this seem
unlikely to be worth ongoing expenditures of testing effort.