Re: Why are default encoding conversions namespace-specific?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Why are default encoding conversions namespace-specific?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Andrew Dunstan" <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
> Tom Lane said:
>> What does it mean to have different "default" encoding conversions in
>> different schemas?  Even if this had a sensible interpretation, I don't
>> think the existing code implements it properly.

> perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but why not just resolve the namespace at the
> time the default conversion is created?

Isn't that the same thing as saying that there can only be one default
conversion across all schemas?  ("Only one" for a given source and
target encoding pair, of course.)  If it isn't the same, please explain
more clearly.

Сообщение: Re: Why are default encoding conversions namespace-specific?
Сообщение: Re: Why are default encoding conversions namespace-specific?