Re: BUG #4398: Backslashes get escaped despite of backslash_quote=off

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #4398: Backslashes get escaped despite of backslash_quote=off
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Rainer Glueck" <rainer.glueck@netminds.de> writes:
> How can backslashes be stopped from escaping themselves in like-statements

Use ESCAPE ''.  There isn't any other way provided.  I suppose we might
consider inventing a separate GUC parameter to specify what the default
escape sequence is, but we wouldn't overload any existing parameter to
do it.

I think the reason the issue hasn't come up before is that it doesn't
seem real useful: if you have no escape character then you have no
way to quote % and _, and those are at least as likely to need to be
plain data characters as \ is.