Re: Install extensions using update scripts (was Re: Remove superuser() checks from pgstattuple)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Install extensions using update scripts (was Re: Remove superuser() checks from pgstattuple)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Pushed with adjustments for the review points.  Hopefully this will make
Stephen's life easier, along with others submitting contrib-module
updates.  We should urge anyone who submits an old-style extension update
patch to consider whether they really want to bother with a new base
script.

At some point it might be nice to have an articulated project policy
about when a new base script is or isn't appropriate, but I doubt we
have enough experience to lay one down now.