Re: Refactoring log_newpage

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Refactoring log_newpage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 10:42 PM, Jim Nasby <jim@nasby.net> wrote:
>> But we already had RelFileNode; wouldn't that be enough to tell what rmgr was responsible for the new page? Can 2
differentrmgrs write to the same file node?

> No, but which one? No way to tell unless you have full list of
> relfilenodes and check each one. So btree changes look like heap
> changes etc..

What I'm not following is why we should care.  There are no cases at
present where this matters, and no proposed patches (that I know of)
that would make it matter.  If an individual rmgr needs control of
what happens during a given operation, it wouldn't use XLOG_NEWPAGE
to represent the operation.  End of problem.  You haven't provided
any convincing argument why this needs to be changed globally.