Re: 9.2 final

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 9.2 final
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
>> I'm working on getting all of our triggers to behave with Tom's v8
>> patch for bug 6123 and hope to be able to post a positive result
>> tomorrow.  I think this is considered a bug and still subject to
>> inclusion, but it doesn't really cause my shop any pain if it is
>> bumped to 9.3.  In other words, I don't think this is a blocker.
> Testing has run into problems, the cause of which is not immediately
> obvious.  I think we should bump this to 9.3.  Our shop has a
> workaround which isn't drawing any complaints here, and the issue
> has been around forever in its current form.  I'm not even sure we
> won't need more discussion on what constitutes correct behavior once
> I track things down.

Agreed.  Even if we were entirely happy with the design of the patch
(which, from the previous discussion, we weren't 100%) and your testing
gave it a clean bill of health, it's uncomfortable to be pushing such a
change into 9.2 post-beta --- it might invalidate other peoples'
application compatibility checking, which I'm sure people have started
doing using the betas.  Punting to 9.3 seems like the thing to do.

Сообщение: Re: 9.3: load path to mitigate load penalty for checksums
Сообщение: Re: 9.3: load path to mitigate load penalty for checksums