Re: table schema causes crash

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: table schema causes crash
Дата
Список pgsql-general
<tom@minnesota.com> writes:
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x160275d84 in strlen () from /usr/lib/libc.so.12
> #1  0x120010a10 in print_aligned_text ()
> #2  0x120012ea8 in printTable ()
> #3  0x120015a94 in describeTableDetails ()
> #4  0x1200041f0 in exec_command ()
> #5  0x120003a50 in HandleSlashCmds ()
> #6  0x12000bb8c in MainLoop ()
> #7  0x12000d974 in main ()

Hmm.  Evidently a null (or invalid) pointer is getting passed to
strlen(), but it's hard to say more without a symbolic backtrace
--- for which you'll need to recompile psql with debug symbols.

We've found a number of bugs in print_aligned_text() in the past, but
the only post-7.2 fixes I see in the logs have to do with zero-column
tables; it seems unlikely that \d is triggering those bugs.  Possibly
you've found something new.