Re: calling currval() before nextval() patch adding currval_isset()

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: calling currval() before nextval() patch adding currval_isset()
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
John Hansen <john@geeknet.com.au> writes:
> attached, cvs context diff that adds currval_isset('sequence_name');

> This avoids the warning messages you get when calling currval before
> nextval in situations where the program flow does not allow you to
> predetermine if the current session has called nexval yet.

I would argue that a program written that way is broken by definition,
and we should not encourage programmers to write broken applications.

Сообщение: Re: calling currval() before nextval() patch adding
Сообщение: Re: calling currval() before nextval() patch adding