Re: [DOCS] Partition: use triggers instead of rules

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [DOCS] Partition: use triggers instead of rules
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 03:53:04PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Entirely removing the example of how to do it with rules doesn't
>> seem like a good idea.

> It does to me.  I haven't found a case yet where rules worked even as
> well as triggers.

I don't have a problem with emphasizing triggers as the preferred
solution, but we should keep the older example, if only because people
are going to see DB schemas that use that approach, and they won't
understand what's going on (or realize they could convert) if they've
not seen an example.