Re: wrapping up this CommitFest (was Re: knngist - 0.8)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: wrapping up this CommitFest (was Re: knngist - 0.8)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 2:12 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> I think we can give Sync Rep until the 15th, given the pace of work on
>> it. �It is a major feature, and a complicated one.

> Sure, but there are other features, major and minor, that we have
> postponed to 9.2.  In the normal course of events, sync rep would have
> been marked Returned with Feedback a month ago.  I like the feature,
> but I have to say I'm not very pleased that we seem to have fallen
> into a pattern of believing that some major features are somehow
> exempted from the scheduling deadline and others are not.

Yes.  What are the rest of us supposed to do for the next two weeks,
twiddle our thumbs?

Personally I've got a couple of days' worth of cleanup tasks before I'd
want to see us cut an alpha anyway, especially if we're going to try
to accept the btree_gist KNNgist patch.  Two weeks is too much though.

I'd say that if there's a plausible chance that Sync Rep will be
committable by the end of *this* week (and I mean Friday not Sunday),
I'm willing to wait that long for it.  Otherwise, it's 9.2 material.

> Frankly, I think we should be aiming to get a beta out in April, not
> another alpha.

Quite.