Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Cause pg_proc.probin to be declared as text, not bytea.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Cause pg_proc.probin to be declared as text, not bytea.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Is this any different from the path in "COPY foo to '/path/to/file'"?
> I suspect the probin stuff is a solution in search of a problem.

Well, the previous probin behavior is demonstrably broken.  Make a shlib
with backslash or non-ASCII in the name, create a function referencing
it, dump and reload.  Whatever your opinions are about encodings, you
won't think pg_dump did the right thing.

I'm not sure whether the more general pathname encoding issue is worth
working on or not.  In general it's a non-problem if the paths in the
server filesystem are written in the database encoding.  If they are
not, then you have to figure out what they *are* written in, and that
seems a bit tough.  But anyway that problem is hardly restricted to
probin, and a solution that works only for probin doesn't seem terribly
interesting.