Re: elog() patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: elog() patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> However, with DEBUG symbol gone, or at least gone after 7.3, I don't see
> a big need to add PG_ to the beginning of every elog() symbol.  Can I
> get some votes on that?  DEBUG was our big culprit of conflict with
> other interfaces, specifically Perl.

Wrong: ERROR is a problem too.  And if you think that INFO or WARNING
or PANIC will not create new problems, you are a hopeless optimist.

We are already forcing renamings of a lot of elog symbols (eg, NOTICE
and DEBUG), so we may as well go the extra step and actually solve the
problem, rather than continue to ignore it.

BTW, I'd go with PGERROR etc, not PG_ERROR, just to save typing.