Re: NAMEDATALEN

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: NAMEDATALEN
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Thomas F. O'Connell" <tfo@monsterlabs.com> writes:
> in src/include/postgres_ext.h, it mentions that "... databases with
> different NAMEDATALEN's cannot interoperate!", and i was wondering if
> included when altering NAMEDATALEN for a database that already has data
> even if performing a pg_dump on it.

Dump, recompile, initdb, reload should work.  Be aware however that
NAMEDATALEN is visible to clients (in particular, in libpq's
datastructure for Notify results), so you may have binary-compatibility
problems if you neglect to recompile your clients too.  I suspect that
is what the comment is really referring to.