Re: Performance Problem with postgresql 9.03, 8GB RAM,Quadcore Processor Server--Need help!!!!!!!

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Performance Problem with postgresql 9.03, 8GB RAM,Quadcore Processor Server--Need help!!!!!!!
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Marcus Engene <mengpg2@engene.se> writes:
> After I upgraded from Postgres 8.3/8.4 to 9.0 I had all sorts of
> problems with queries with many joins. Queries that used to take 1ms
> suddenly take half a minute for no apparent reason.

Could we see a concrete test case, rather than hand waving?  If there's
really a problem in 9.0, it's impossible to fix it on so little detail.

> One workaround I've done is if something looking like this....

The only way that should make a difference is if the total number
of tables in the query exceeds from_collapse_limit (or maybe
join_collapse_limit, depending on exactly how you wrote the query).
Perhaps you'd been running with nonstandard values of those settings
in 8.x, and forgot to transfer them into the new DB?