Re: State of Beta 2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: State of Beta 2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> No, I'm not suggesting no catalog changes ... wait, I might be wording
> this wrong ... there are two changes that right now requires a
> dump/reload, changes to the catalogs and changes to the data structures,
> no?  Or are these effectively inter-related?

Oh, what you're saying is no changes in user table format.  Yeah, we
could probably commit to that now.  Offhand the only thing I think it
would hold up is the one idea about converting "interval" into a
three-component value, and I'm not sure if anyone had really committed
to work on that anyway ...