Re: psql \watch 2nd argument: iteration count

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql \watch 2nd argument: iteration count
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kirk Wolak <wolakk@gmail.com> writes:
> Marked as Ready for Committer.

Pushed with a pretty fair number of cosmetic changes.

One non-cosmetic change I made is that I didn't agree with your
interpretation of the execution count.  IMO this ought to produce
three executions:

regression=# select 1 \watch c=3
Thu Apr  6 13:17:50 2023 (every 2s)

 ?column?
----------
        1
(1 row)

Thu Apr  6 13:17:52 2023 (every 2s)

 ?column?
----------
        1
(1 row)

Thu Apr  6 13:17:54 2023 (every 2s)

 ?column?
        1
(1 row)

regression=#

If you write a semicolon first, you get four, but it's the semicolon
producing the first result not \watch.