Re: ERROR: PlaceHolderVar found where not expected

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ERROR: PlaceHolderVar found where not expected
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
I wrote:
> WindowFuncs should be disallowed in qual clauses, so I think it's okay
> to leave those flags out.  An Aggref could occur in a HAVING qual though.
> I'm not sure if this code could get applied to HAVING ... but it's
> not immediately clear that it can't.  I'd be inclined to add
> PVC_RECURSE_AGGREGATES, as that seems more likely to be okay than not.

Actually, on closer look: why don't we just nuke that pull_var_clause
call entirely, along with the following loop inspecting its result?

The subsequent loop that looks for a matching StatisticExtInfo
expression will do just fine at rejecting any expression that
contains Vars of the wrong relation.  Maybe there is some performance
argument why the pull_var_clause precheck is worth the trouble,
but I'm inclined to bet that it's actually a net loss.