Re: [HACKERS] Revised proposal for libpq and FE/BE protocol changes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Revised proposal for libpq and FE/BE protocol changes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
dg@illustra.com (David Gould) writes:
> I know this is old old discussion, so "shut up, we're done with it" is a
> fine answer...
> But, I think maintaining compatibility with 1.0 is important.

We did maintain compatibility, in that the server will still talk to
a client that identifies itself as 1.0 in the initial handshake.
(Kudos to whoever had the foresight to put a protocol version number
in the startup message, BTW.)

As things are currently set up, however, a new compilation of libpq
will only know how to talk protocol 2.0, so it cannot be used to
talk to an old server.  Are you concerned about that?  I don't see
any easy way around it...

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] error messages not only English
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] error messages not only English