Re: 7.4 features list

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 7.4 features list
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Matthew T. O'Connor" <matthew@zeut.net> writes:
> I don't have any long term "low expectations" of the win32 port, just
> transient ones.  That is, it is a fairly radical port, more so than
> moving between unix environments. ...  To assume that
> we will nail all of this on the first pass is hubris.

Yup, exzackle.  After a release or two we might think that the win32 port
is production ready (meaning as-reliable-as-you-think-the-platform-is).
It's not rational to think that the first release will be as stable on
win32 as our longtime Unix ports are --- and we'd be remiss if we don't
make that clear to users.