Re: BUG #5234: ALTER TABLE ... RENAME COLUMN change view definition incorrectly

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #5234: ALTER TABLE ... RENAME COLUMN change view definition incorrectly
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 1:46 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> My reading of the spec is that USING (and therefore NATURAL) is defined
>> to join identically named columns.  Therefore, renaming one of the input
>> columns as the OP did *should* indeed *must* break the view.  The problem
>> is not how to make it work, it's how to give an error message that
>> doesn't look like an internal failure.

> That seems ugly and unnecessary.  I think we might be able to define
> ourselves out of this problem.  We don't guarantee (and have never
> guaranteed) that selecting from a stored view will produce the same
> results as re-executing the original query.  For example, * refers the
> list of columns at definition-time, not execution-time,

Um, aren't you contradicting yourself there?

The problem with USING is that it is not merely a join condition but
affects the set of columns emitted by the join.  It can't be converted
to a simple ON without changing the semantics, and I don't believe we
should try.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #5234: ALTER TABLE ... RENAME COLUMN change view definition incorrectly
Сообщение: Re: BUG #5234: ALTER TABLE ... RENAME COLUMN change view definition incorrectly