Re: win32 pg_autovacuum make error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: win32 pg_autovacuum make error
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Matthew T. O'Connor" <matthew@zeut.net> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I have a better idea: make pg_autovacuum not use DLLists.  That code
>> is slated for eventual removal from libpq anyway (if not complete
>> destruction).  Had I been aware that autovacuum was using it I would
>> have objected ...
>>
> Ok, what do you recommend I replace the DLLists with?

I reconsidered --- seeing that autovacuum will eventually be server-side
code, it's not unreasonable for it to use DLList.  It's just that it
shouldn't rely on libpq to provide DLList.  I've committed a fix
already.

I think I'm going to go ahead and remove dllist.c from libpq, though.
The library will be smaller, faster, and more robust without it, and
8.0 seems like a good time to break anyone who is foolish enough to
be depending on it being in libpq ...