Re: Huge performance problem between 7.4.1 and 8.0.3 - CS

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Huge performance problem between 7.4.1 and 8.0.3 - CS
Дата
Re: Huge performance problem between 7.4.1 and 8.0.3 -
Список pgsql-performance
Robert Creager <Robert_Creager@LogicalChaos.org> writes:
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> confessed:
>> The context swap problem was no worse in 8.0 than in prior versions,
>> so that hardly seems like a good explanation.  Have you tried reverting
>> to the cron-based vacuuming method you used in 7.4?

> I've "vacuum_cost_delay = 10" in the conf file for 803.

Hmm, did you read this thread?
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2005-07/msg00088.php

It's still far from clear what's going on there, but it might be
interesting to see if turning off the vacuum delay changes your results
with 8.0.