Re: views, queries, and locks

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: views, queries, and locks
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jon Nelson <jnelson+pgsql@jamponi.net> writes:
> I need to have something table-like from the client's perspective for
> a bunch of reasons.
> For now, assume that I want to keep using the view and that I'd like
> to find better ways to address my concerns.

Why aren't you using a standard partitioned table, cf
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/ddl-partitioning.html

The stuff associated with table inheritance is actually designed for the
use-case of adding and dropping child tables, and we might consider any
problems therein as something to be fixed.  Whereas the fact that
changing a view locks it is unlikely to change.