Regress tests reveal *serious* psql bug

От Tom Lane
Тема Regress tests reveal *serious* psql bug
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Now that we can run the regress tests using the new psql,
I was dismayed to discover that the arrays regress test
fails with it.  The perfectly valid query

SELECT arrtest.a[1:3],         arrtest.b[1:1][1:2][1:2],         arrtest.c[1:2],          arrtest.d[1:1][1:2]  FROM
arrtest;

fails with

ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "]"

Turning on postmaster -d reveals that what is arriving at
the backend is

SELECT arrtest.a[1],         arrtest.b[1][1][1],         arrtest.c[1],          arrtest.d[1][1]]  FROM arrtest

Needless to say, this transformation of the query
is several miles to the south of acceptable.

Over to you, Peter...