CachedRowSet insertion problem with serial PK

От rcolmegna@tiscali.it
Тема CachedRowSet insertion problem with serial PK
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
hi,

I'm tring postgresql-8.1-407.jdbc3.jar (with PG 7.4.3 srv) and
CachedRowSet (Sun implementation).

I have a small test table: it has two fields:
1) id  SERIAL NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY
2) info VARCHAR(100)

I try this java code:

    CachedRowSet rs;
    rs.setCommand("select id,info from a WHERE id<?");
    rs.setInt(1, 10);
    rs.moveToInsertRow();
    rs.setString(2, "zzzz2");
    rs.insertRow();

but I obtain this error:
"SQLException: Failed on insert row" (generated from the insertRow()
line).

I sniffed the network-connection betweend DB-srv and JDBC-client, and
I noted that
the INSERT instruction isn't fired against the DB.  If I ask if
"isAutoIncrement(<id_idx>)"
I obtain a true reply.

Any idea?

TIA
Roberto Colmegna

La gara più entusiasmante dell'anno!

Gioca e corri alla velocità della luce sui 18 circuiti di Intel Speed Contest 2006!

I più bravi vincono Notebook Sony VAIO, iPod da 60 GB e altro ancora...

Sfida gli amici!

http://intelspeedcontest2006.tiscali.it/