Re: Perf number on a project

От Stock, Stuart H.
Тема Re: Perf number on a project
Дата
Список pgsql-general
 For those unfamiliar with ACID, it stands for Analysis Console for
Intrusion Databases.  ACID is a web-based analysis system for the popular
Snort Intrusion Detection System.  Multiple Snort sensors log their alerts
directly to a database and then an analyst or administrator uses ACID to
mine the alert information.  The schema for the database is documented
http://acidlab.sourceforge.net/acid_db_er_v102.html.  It is pretty typical
to receive hundreds if not thousands of alerts a day into this database.

Stuart Stock
Banc of America Securities, LLC
Program Trading

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2001 4:42 PM
To: August Zajonc
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Perf number on a project

"August Zajonc" <junk-pgsql@aontic.com> writes:
> I look at numbers like these and yuch....
> http://acidlab.sourceforge.net/perf/acid_perf.html
> is there something obvious in his setup, he's not seeing a linear slowdown
> as sizes increase, which is worrisome.

What setup?  He hasn't shown us the schema nor the queries, AFAICS.

IMPORTANT NOTICES:
          This message is intended only for the addressee. Please notify the
sender by e-mail if you are not the intended recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient, you may not copy, disclose, or distribute this message
or its contents to any other person and any such actions may be unlawful.

         Banc of America Securities LLC("BAS") does not accept time
sensitive, action-oriented messages or transaction orders, including orders
to purchase or sell securities, via e-mail.

         BAS reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all
messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this
e-mail address may be stored on the BAS e-mail system.