Re: Re: [GENERAL] pg_dump behaves differently for different archive formats

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: [GENERAL] pg_dump behaves differently for different archive formats
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 10:55 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> If we had something like that, I'd be strongly inclined to get rid of
>> the existing convention whereby comments and ACL commands are separate
>> TOC entries, and make them part of the parent object's TOC entry (which'd
>> mean we'd want to label the sub-strings so we can tell whether they are
>> main object, comment, or ACL).  The fewer TOC entries we can have, the
>> better; there is no reason why comments/ACLs should be independently
>> sortable.

> Maybe, but I think people will still want an option to skip restoring
> them altogether (at least for ACLs).

Sure; we already have such an option, and I'm not suggesting removing
it.  The implementation would change though: it would have to look at
the individual command labels to see which part(s) of a TOC entry to
print out.