Re: BUG #10589: hungarian.stop file spelling error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #10589: hungarian.stop file spelling error
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 11:09:22PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I'm not real sure whether we should consider back-patching those changes.
>> Right now, the Hungarian stemmer is applying rules meant for
>> o-double-acute to o-tilde, which probably means that those stemming rules
>> don't fire at all on actual Hungarian text.  If we fix that then the
>> stemmer will behave differently, which might not be all that desirable to
>> change in a minor release.  Perhaps we should only make the code changes
>> in HEAD and 9.4?

> Does this affect any tsvectors stored in earlier major releases that
> would read differently after this patch?  Does it cause a pg_upgrade
> problem?

My guess is the field usage of the Hungarian stemmer is near zero,
or somebody would've complained about this before.  Hence, I'm not
thinking we should expend any huge effort to work around problems.

In any case, Oleg and Teodor have opined in the past that small changes
in dictionary behavior don't cause major practical problems; the worst
case is that some words aren't found by searches because the current
dictionary normalizes them differently than what's in the index.
You can get around that if you have to by entering the tsquery manually
rather than going through to_tsquery.