Re: Remove useless associativity/precedence from parsers

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Remove useless associativity/precedence from parsers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Akim Demaille <akim@lrde.epita.fr> writes:
> It is for the same reasons that I would recommend not using associativity directives (%left, %right, %nonassoc) where
associativityplays no role: %precedence is made for this.  But it was introduced in Bison 2.7.1 (2013-04-15), and I
don'tknow if requiring it is acceptable to PostgreSQL.

2013?  Certainly not.  We have a lot of buildfarm critters running
older platforms than that.  I believe our (documented and tested)
minimum version of Bison is still 1.875.  While we'd be willing
to move that goalpost if there were clear benefits from doing so,
I'm not even convinced that %precedence as you describe it here
is any improvement at all.

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: New vacuum option to do only freezing
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: VACUUM fails to parse 0 and 1 as boolean value