Re: field-update in before-trigger causes distinct to 'fail', new in v8.1 versus v8.0.4, demo-sql included

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: field-update in before-trigger causes distinct to 'fail', new in v8.1 versus v8.0.4, demo-sql included
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Frank van Vugt <ftm.van.vugt@foxi.nl> writes:
> (NB what would be the best way to get to such a patch without bothering you? I
> looked at the webcsv, but I wasn't sure whether you changed anything outside
> of execMain.c and execUtils.c and I'm not sure how to find out ;))

Looking at the pgsql-committers message is the easiest way to verify
which files were touched:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2005-11/msg00307.php
It also provides links that will give you the per-file diffs directly.

In this case, since the patch touches the widely known EState struct,
I'd recommend a full backend recompile after patching.