Re: 8.4 win32 shared memory patch

От Kevin Field
Тема Re: 8.4 win32 shared memory patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>     > %t LOG:  received fast shutdown request
>     > %t LOG:  aborting any active transactions
>     > %t LOG:  autovacuum launcher shutting down
>     > %t LOG:  shutting down
>     > %t LOG:  database system is shut down
>     >
>     > That's the entire file.  Attempting to start the service, I
> > almost
>     > immediately get an error 1067, the process terminated
> > unexpectedly.
>
>     If there is nothing in the logfile (make sure you're looking at
> the
>     correct one - it may have created a new one), check the Windows
>     Eventlog. That's where we'll put data if the issues show up
> before we
>     have started the logger.

The event viewer says:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( PostgreSQL ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
description; see Help and Support for details. The following
information is part of the event: pg_ctl: could not find postgres
program executable

And yes, I renamed it correctly...