Re: [HACKERS] How to refer to resource files from UDFs written in C

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] How to refer to resource files from UDFs written in C
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Supun Nakandala <supun.nakandala@gmail.com> writes:
> However, I have a requirement of reading a text file from one of the C
> functions. The compiled *.so files are placed in the "pg_config
> --pkglibdir" directory and tried copying my text files there but it didn't
> work. I found that, when these shared libs are loaded they are run from a
> different working directory. In this case, what is the best way to refer to
> my text files from the C code other than giving the absolute path which can
> change from system to system.

You probably want to use get_share_path, or one of its sibling functions
in src/port/path.c.  Then your files go with the PG installation tree,
whereever it is.  There are different functions that are appropriate for
different types of files.