Re: Loosing files after backend crash

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Loosing files after backend crash
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> During execution of some sql code backend crashed (the reason for it's
> crashing is not the actual topic of this report).
> And tried to delete the sequence, which i created in the previous session.
> That's what pgsql told me:
> ---8<---
> Netflow_Test=# drop SEQUENCE seq_i___data_buffer ;
> ERROR:  cannot open seq_i___data_buffer: No such file or directory

Was that a system-wide crash, or just a backend crash?  It seems
to me that your kernel must have lost that file for you; Postgres
wouldn't have gone out and deleted it.

> Another problem is that I cannot fix the situation (drop that
> sequence) by standard PGSQL means.  I had to create an empty file with
> that name ("326210") for "DROP SEQUENCE" command to successfully
> complete.

This used to work pre-7.1, and it seems to me it should still work;
relcache.c is being inappropriately paranoid about finding the file.
I have corrected that part of the problem.