Re: Feature freeze progress report

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Feature freeze progress report
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Lukas Kahwe Smith <smith@pooteeweet.org> writes:
> Hmm, I do not have an overview on this, but like Alvaro mentions, the
> shorter release cycles for 8.3 was done because we felt that a number of
> patches that were originally slated for 8.2 were almost but not quite
> ready for 8.2. So are all of those patches from back then ready to go
> into 8.3? If not then it would indicate that fast tracking a release
> cycle for patches there are not quite there yet is not paying off?

In fact several of the major ones are still not ready, so I think that
experience is evidence that we couldn't handle a six-month release cycle
anyway.  We'll still stick to the announced 8.3 schedule though, since
part of the reason for it was to rotate around to a spring release time
instead of a fall release time, on the thought that that might work more
conveniently for many people.