Re: Possible hole in Windows directory restrictions?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Possible hole in Windows directory restrictions?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jack Christensen <jack@jackchristensen.com> writes:
> On 12/29/2017 9:56 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> In https://postgr.es/m/1514541656508-0.post@n3.nabble.com
>> it's reported that "SELECT pg_ls_dir('c:')" works to allow
>> display of the root directory on drive C.  If true, this
>> would be a violation of the principle that the core file
>> access functions only let you get at PG-related directories.
>> However, I looked at the code, and it sure looks like
>> path_is_relative_and_below_cwd() contains code to reject use
>> of Windows drive letters.  Am I missing something?  Anyone
>> want to check if they can reproduce this on a Windows build?

> Could not reproduce with a fresh install.

Thanks for checking.  Digging in the git history, I see that
path_is_relative_and_below_cwd() was introduced in 9.1
(commit 0de0cc150).  pg_ls_dir and friends were in core for
some time before that, so perhaps the answer is that the
OP was using some old PG version.  (Pre-9.1 also defaulted
to standard_conforming_strings = off, which might explain
some other odd things about his report.)