Re: Is there a way to detect that code is inside CREATE EXTENSION?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Is there a way to detect that code is inside CREATE EXTENSION?
Дата
Re: Is there a way to detect that code is inside CREATE EXTENSION?  (Michel Pelletier <pelletier.michel@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Michel Pelletier <pelletier.michel@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm working with an event trigger that fires on ALTER TABLE and regenerates
> certain objects, but unfortunately those objects end up being owned by any
> extensions that run ALTER TABLE and any subsequent alterations fail to
> regenerate because they are owned by that extension.

> Ideally, I'd like to be able to detect inside my trigger if I'm being
> called from CREATE EXTENSION or not, but I can't find any obvious way to
> detect that.

At the C-code level you can check the creating_extension global variable,
or maybe better look at the in_extension fields of CollectedCommands.

I don't think we expose that state at the SQL level, but it's pretty
hard to make a useful event trigger without writing any C ...