Re: ACLs versus ALTER OWNER

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ACLs versus ALTER OWNER
Дата
Re: ACLs versus ALTER OWNER  (Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> How about pg_dumpall dumps all users as superusers, and then changes
> them back to what they're supposed to be at the bottom of the script :)

Leaves you in kind of a dangerous state if the script doesn't complete,
doesn't it?

Someone else suggested having pg_dump dump all objects without ownership
(so, on restore, they'd all initially be owned by the user running the
script, hopefully a superuser) and then doing ALTER OWNERs and GRANTs at
the bottom.  This seems a little cleaner to me, though it's got the
problem that somebody would have to go off and implement the remaining
ALTER OWNER commands.