Re: Documentation sections does not match exactly

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Documentation sections does not match exactly
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
=?utf-8?q?PG_Doc_comments_form?= <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/sql-createextension.html says:
> create its component objects. For most extensions this means superuser or
> database owner privileges are needed."
> While https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/contrib.html says:
> "CREATE EXTENSION module_name;
> This command must be run by a database superuser."
> So contrib page exactly pointing that superuser is a mandatory requirement
> while createextension page leaves space for free interpretation.

I don't see anything wrong here.  The CREATE EXTENSION page is giving
the general rule.  The page about contrib modules is saying you need
to be superuser to install those particular extensions, which is true
for the great majority of them (though maybe not every one, not sure).