Re: information_schema OID

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: information_schema OID
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Also, should the information_schema be pinned so that it cannot be dropped?

Why?  Sure, the DBA had better be damn certain that he wants to do that
before he does it.  But we let superusers drop lots of things that they
would be better advised not to.  If someone wants a small disk footprint
I can imagine a good case for feeling that information_schema is useless.

> This would help db admin projects such as phpPgAdmin be able to rely on
> information_schema being there...

Rely away.  It's not your business to work in databases that a superuser
has made arbitrary changes to.  Do you claim to still work if he renames
the integer "=" operator to "!#&@!!" ?