Re: Java's set of timezone names (was: Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Java's set of timezone names (was: Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux)
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Vadim Nasardinov <vadimn@redhat.com> writes:
> I'm not sure how Roedy Green knows this, but this is what he has to
> say on the subject in his Java Glossary:

>    http://www.mindprod.com/jgloss/timezone.html

>    The names for timezones used in Java comes from a list maintained
>    at NIH by Arthur David Olson. For reasons only he understands,
>    Pacific Standard Time is called America/Los_Angeles.

> As far as I can tell, Olson's timezone data can be found here:
>   ftp://elsie.nci.nih.gov/pub/

Hmm ... that is the zic distribution, so if this information is accurate
there should be a pretty exact match in the sets of names ... which it
sounds like there is not.

> Sun's JDK's timezone info seems fairly different from what, say,
> Fedora Core distributes in its tzdata RPM:

Fedora's info also comes from zic.

Сообщение: Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux
Сообщение: Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux