Re: line numbers in error messages are off wrt debuggers

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: line numbers in error messages are off wrt debuggers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2018-06-20 12:12:26 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Personally, my habit is to set the breakpoint at errfinish, which works
>> independently of just where the call is.

> I do that too, occasionally. Doesn't really if there's a lot of error
> messages before the bug you're waiting for happens though.

Yeah.  In principle you could make the breakpoint conditional, looking
at the saved line number in the error stack, which *would* match the
log data.  There'd be a small chance of false matches (same line # in
another file), but that'd filter it pretty well most times.