Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 07:26, Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:
>> fcinfo->flinfo is still inaccessible, but I suspect it's in shared memory,
>> as it's at 0x00000135 . Ditto fcinfo->resultinfo and fcinfo->context.

> Hmm. Not sure why those would be in shared memory, that seems strange.

FWIW, I don't believe that theory either.  Offhand I cannot think of any
case where an FmgrInfo would be in shared memory.  It seems more likely
from the above that you've misidentified where the fcinfo record is.

There are some code paths where we don't bother to set up those fields,
but I think we're always careful to set them to NULL if so.