Re: Bypassing authentication

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bypassing authentication
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Andre Majorel <aym-2lqsgp@teaser.fr> writes:
> Is there a way to have psql bypass authentication as joe if the
> system user running psql is postgres, the way su doesn't ask for
> password if you are root ?

Not per se, but you could set up an ident map that says postgres
is allowed to log in as joe (and anybody else he needs to log in as).

I think 9.0 will have some wildcard ability in ident maps, which'd
save you from having to list a lot of roles in the map; but IIRC
there is none in existing releases.

Сообщение: Re: Dropped table, no backup, restore from file system backup or WAL files?
Сообщение: Re: Dropped table, no backup, restore from file system backup or WAL files?