Performance difference between IN(...) and ANY(...) operator

От Gnanam
Тема Performance difference between IN(...) and ANY(...) operator
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi,

I'm using both IN and ANY() operators extensively my application.  Can
anybody answer me on the following questions:
    1) Which operator is advantage over the another, interms of performance?
    2) If I've indexed these columns, will both the operators make use of index
scanning?
    3) Also I read from PostgreSQL documentation that there is a limit in
passing values to IN operator.  As far as I remember, it is 1000, but then I
don't have the web  link justifying this handy now.  If yes/no, is it
applicable for ANY operator also?
    4) Is there any difference in framing queries at query planner level?

Regards,
Gnanam