Re: .psql_history file is messed up and control-r does not work

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: .psql_history file is messed up and control-r does not work
Дата
Список pgsql-general
zhong ming wu <mr.z.m.wu@gmail.com> writes:
> My .psql_history contains lines of the  form.
> select\040sum(price)\040from\040products\040p\040join\040

Yeah, that's what it will look like if psql is using Apple's libedit
library; it's unrelated to the server.

I think libedit doesn't support control-r either, not totally sure
though.  In any case there are some known bugs in libedit that Apple's
not been terribly swift to fix.  I'd suggest installing GNU readline
and linking psql against that instead.