Re: Generating partitioning tuple conversion maps faster

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: Generating partitioning tuple conversion maps faster
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2018/06/25 14:12, amul sul wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 10:30 AM David Rowley
> <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>>
> [...]
>> Given the small size of this patch. I think it's a good candidate for
>> the July 'fest.
>>

> Just a different thought, how about having flag array something like
> needed_tuple_conv?
>
> While loading partdesc, we could calculate that the columns of partition table
> are aligned with the parent or not?

Yeah maybe, but ISTM, that could be implemented *in addition to* the
tweaks to convert_tuples_by_name_map that David's proposing, which seem
helpful in their own right.

Thanks,
Amit

Сообщение: Re: Generating partitioning tuple conversion maps faster
Сообщение: Re: Generating partitioning tuple conversion maps faster