Re: psql display of Unicode combining characters in 8.2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql display of Unicode combining characters in 8.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> writes:
> On Sun, Dec 10, 2006 at 12:30:12PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> writes:
>>
>>> Probably, any idea how to tell the difference?
>>
>> I'm no expert, but isn't there a specific range of Unicode code points
>> defined for combining characters?

> Yes, several, with others scattered about.

What about the other way around: use the \u output convention only for
things we can specifically identify as control chars, and assume that
anything else with zero width is a combining char?  Is there anything
other than 0-31 and 128-159 that should really get the \u treatment?