Re: BUG #18242: pg_dump with non-superuser from pg14 to pg15 fails on ALTER FUNCTION

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #18242: pg_dump with non-superuser from pg14 to pg15 fails on ALTER FUNCTION
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Aksel Allas <allasaksel@gmail.com> writes:
> So it's not possible to fully use pg_dump without manually altering the
> output of pg_dump in managed postgreSQL cases?

Nope, trying to dump/restore other people's objects as a non-superuser
isn't considered supported at the moment.  You're not the first to
complain about this, but no coherent proposal to improve it has been
made.  It's not very clear what the supported case ought to be
exactly; clearly a zero-privilege user can't succeed at this, but what
privileges should be expected?  Also it's not clear what problems
exist beyond the schema-privilege one, and it's not clear how we could
solve the problem(s) without creating other ones.  There's a lot of
history behind the way that pg_dump does things, so rearranging its
choices about how/when to change privileges is scary.