Re: pgindent (was Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Preventive maintenance in advance of pgindent run.)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgindent (was Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Preventive maintenance in advance of pgindent run.)
Дата
Ответ на Re: pgindent (was Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Preventivemaintenance in advance of pgindent run.)  (Piotr Stefaniak <postgres@piotr-stefaniak.me>)
Re: pgindent (was Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Preventivemaintenance in advance of pgindent run.)  (Piotr Stefaniak <postgres@piotr-stefaniak.me>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Piotr Stefaniak <postgres@piotr-stefaniak.me> writes:
>> There's also the portability issues: __FBSDID() and bcopy() and
>> <sys/cdefs.h> [and err.h].

> I think that's fixed as well.

I just finished some preliminary portability testing and things look
much improved.  The Makefile is still BSD-ish of course, but I think
we'll just agree to disagree there.  The only thing I could find to
quibble about is that on old macOS versions I get

In file included from indent.c:49:
indent_globs.h:222:1: warning: "STACKSIZE" redefined
In file included from /usr/include/machine/param.h:30,                from /usr/include/sys/param.h:104,
fromindent.c:42:
/usr/include/ppc/param.h:53:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition

Maybe you could rename that symbol to IND_STACKSIZE or some such?

Also, I am wondering about the test cases under tests/.  I do not
see anything in the Makefile or elsewhere suggesting how those are
to be used.  It would sure be nice to have some quick smoke-test
to check that a build on a new platform is working.