Re: SELECT constant; takes 15x longer on 9.0?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SELECT constant; takes 15x longer on 9.0?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com> writes:
> On Apr 6, 2010, at 10:17 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> So I'm not sure where your 15x is coming from, but I don't see it.

> By stupidly having configured with --enable-cassert --enable-debug without realizing it. I've just rebuilt without
themand run the tests again using the default postgresql.conf and I'm back down to 57s and 46s over two runs.

Huh.  I'm still curious, because in my test the overhead of those
options seemed to be about 3x.  So there's still something considerably
different between what you did and what I did.

Are you testing a separate connection per ping query?  I think I
neglected to compare that case with and without assert overhead.

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Add JSON support
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Add JSON support